::Faith::Hope::Love::

Monday, March 28, 2011

:::Kids Club::: ...and more

Happy Monday! I come bearing GREAT NEWS....somebody sponsered the little boy from Nicaragua through Compassion International that I had posted a link to on my previous entry! PRAISE GOD!!!!! Thank you to whoever it was!

***
 Here are some pictures from Kids Club....(I had these sent to me...I don't take out my camera too often but am trying to get better at taking it out more.)






 This past Saturday, I had the opportunity to help with a "Kids Soup Kitchen." I met an older missionary in another town a few hours from where I live last month, who connected me with this wonderful ministry that is super close to where I live. I just hop on the bus and am there in 20 min! Every day the kids come for lunch and on Saturdays it is a VBS deal with lunch for the kiddos! This area is known to be more dangerous than other places, drugs, you know the whole bit...but this ministry run by Cecilia and her husband (locals who live in this town and had a vision for something more for the kids) are very respected because the people here know that they are trying to help the kids. They run a service every other Tuesday night so I have gone the past couple of Tuesdays although this is the first Saturday that I was able to go and help and be a part of the ministry; I even got to help Cecila cook lunch for all the kiddos...so much fun! :) I am not able to go during the week because I am in school during that time...but am thankful for the time that I do get to spend there!
Thank you Jesus for connecting your people to YOUR plan and thank you Jesus for letting me be a part!

Matt 6:33
But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

3 comments:

  1. How proud we are of you.........you are an inspiration to many - keep smiling, keep plugging in to HIM and he will let his light continue to shine thru you to those around you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great update...I'm so happy to hear how it is going for you there. :) We continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the best dad in ENTIRE universe!! thanks for everything dad!! :)

    Lisa- Thank you for reading my blog, for your prayers and your encouragement. It is always good to hear from you!! :)

    ReplyDelete