::Faith::Hope::Love::

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

For those of you that know me, you know that I have had a struggle with fear ...one of the phrases that I have repeated multiple times in a fearful moment is: "Do not fear for God is near!" It's the truth, God is always with me. When I choose to fear I am essentially fearing the enemy rather than fearing the God who has created the entire universe and all of the people in it!
       ***
God is in control. If you find yourself questioning the "why" of the crazy happenings in this world just remember that God is good. He is always good. That will never change. He is God and He is good.

                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG-zoopwV_I

Weekend Update:
This past weekend I travelled once again to the town that has my heart. I had the opportunity to help with "kids club" Saturday morning...it is held in an impoverished neighbourhood filled with hard drugs and alcoholism. Saturday morning is a safe place for the kids to come and have fun and be loved on for a few hours while they hear about the love of Christ. Each week there is a small bible lesson, craft and snacks and juice. I tell you these kids are serious about getting their snack and juice! :) Afterwards they each are given a bag of rice and beans to take home.
I want to cry just thinking about it because oh how I would love to be there every day at this moment! It was so refreshing to play and hang out with these beautiful children!
THIS year is a foundation for future years of ministry...I can't skip the foundation because we all know what happens when a foundation is built on sand, right?

Gal 5:22-25
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control.  Against such there is no law.  And those who are Christ's have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires.  If we live in the Spirit let us also walk in the Spirit.


:)Melissa

1 comment:

  1. Kids Club sounds like a wonderful place for you to be helping out...and praise God for you, Melissa! Such wisdom in your faithfulness to complete your training and build a solid foundation to minister from. So proud of you, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete