::Faith::Hope::Love::

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

I love to have "surprises" in my pocket whenever I am going to see some kids! It is a great way to break the ice! The kids of a family that I used to babysit quite often always knew that I would have something special in my purse when I would go to their house. Well, my pockets will be full for the next while as my class just finished celebrating 3 birthdays with a "fiesta." We made a home-made piñata which was filled with lots of goodies and small toys ....so I gathered myself a big pile to "fill my pockets" for the chicos. :) Here is a picture of the piñata:


Anyways, I am just returning from Kids Soup Kitchen...every other Tuesday is a bible study with the kids.  Tonight, Cecila (the boss!) asked me if this upcoming Saturday I could shadow one of the teachers so that the following Saturday I could teach! (WOW!) I would be honoured! I will let you know how it goes ...it won’t be for a few more weeks though as I will be heading to **** this weekend and helping out with the Kids Club there since I have a long weekend. (There is a national holiday here) That will give me a little more time to have some more Spanish under my belt as well. :)
Tonight was a joy, I love being with the kids...and it’s especially fun whenever my pockets are full! :)

Chewing on this today:
Heb 11:1-3
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. For by it the elders obtained a good testimony. By faith we understand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that the things which are seen were not made of things which are visible. AMEN!

1 comment:

  1. You will be a WONderful teacher! I love how you write of having a little something special for the children when you go to visit- so fun! I wish I could come visit you! I think selling pinatas is a good idea- why not try it?! I love reading your blog and hearing what you're up to- thanks for writing! ---Beth

    ReplyDelete